Tue, Aug 15|
Location is TBD
Managing Nutrition While Nourishing Connection
A presentation and food demo for foster, kinship, and adoptive parents. Led by Meghan Rittmaster, MS, RDN, LD, CLT, IFNCP with Foundational Journey
Time & Location
Aug 15, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the Event
During this presentation, you will gain a better understanding of the nutritional needs of youth in your care. Foods can be an area that can bring households together. Food can also bring a sense of control during times that may feel out of control. This presentation is geared towards foster, kinship, and adoptive parents.
Dinner will be provided. Space is limited – registration required.
Cost: $10/individual or $15/couple
If cost is at all a barrier, please email us to receive a promo code to waive fees.
Topics of the presentation include:
- General nutrition for various age groups
- Know what nutrients (vitamins/minerals) are crucial if diet isn’t optimal, and which brands of supplements are quality, plus what to look for to determine a quality brand
- Learn how to navigate nutrition during the school year vs. summertime
- Tips and strategies to move from less healthy habits to incorporating healthier habits
- Building communication, trust, connection, and safety through meals
- Understanding how trauma can show up at meals and through nutrition choices and behaviors surrounding food
- Overall, understanding that this is a journey that takes time, give grace and be kind to yourself
The presentation will be followed by a food demo & tasting, as well as time for questions!
About the presenter:
Meghan Rittmaster, MS, RDN, LD, CLT, IFNCP with Foundational Journey