Mon, Aug 21|
The Bonus Room
Managing Nutrition While Nourishing Connection
A presentation and food demo for foster, kinship, and adoptive parents. Led by Meghan Rittmaster, MS, RDN, LD, CLT, IFNCP with Foundational Journey
Time & Location
Aug 21, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
The Bonus Room, 20908 Holyoke Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044, USA
About the Event
During this presentation, you will gain a better understanding of the nutritional needs of youth in your care. Foods can be an area that can bring households together. Food can also bring a sense of control during times that may feel out of control.
This presentation is geared towards foster, kinship, and adoptive parents. A certificate of attendance will be provided for annual training hours. Please confirm with your agency that this event is eligible.
Dinner will be provided. Space is limited – registration required.
Cost: $10/individual or $15/couple
If cost is at all a barrier, please email us to receive a promo code to waive fees.
Topics of the presentation include:
- General nutrition for various age groups
- Know what nutrients (vitamins/minerals) are crucial if diet isn’t optimal, and which brands of supplements are quality, plus what to look for to determine a quality brand
- Learn how to navigate nutrition during the school year vs. summertime
- Tips and strategies to move from less healthy habits to incorporating healthier habits
- Building communication, trust, connection, and safety through meals
- Understanding how trauma can show up at meals and through nutrition choices and behaviors surrounding food
- Overall, understanding that this is a journey that takes time, give grace and be kind to yourself
The presentation will be followed by a food demo & tasting, as well as time for questions!
About the presenter:
Meghan is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified LEAP Therapist, Integrative Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner, and owner of Foundational Journey, LLC, a virtual dietetic private practice, where she takes a personalized and holistic approach to nutrition to get to the root cause of many health symptoms and concerns. She received her master’s degree in Nutrition Diagnostics at Cox College in 2017 and has experience in retail and community settings. She has been in private practice now for 2.5 years. Meghan implements functional nutrition to support clients battling Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue, Food Sensitivities, Mental Health struggles, and Autoimmune Conditions. Meghan’s own health journey has led her on the path to helping others through nutrition and figuring out the root cause of their symptoms!
Meghan Rittmaster, MS, RDN, LD, CLT, IFNCP
From $5.00 to $10.00
From $5.00 to $10.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal