Sun, Aug 13|
Barley & Vine Kitchen/Bar
Meet the Foster Parents
Whether you’re looking to become a foster parent or are simply wanting to learn how to support foster, kinship and adoptive families, this event is for you!
Time & Location
Aug 13, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Barley & Vine Kitchen/Bar, 17516 Dodd Blvd, Lakeville, MN 55044, USA
About the Event
Are you interested in learning more about becoming a foster parent but you're not ready to reach out to a licensing agency?
Do you have questions you'd like to ask but aren't sure who to connect with?
Do you simply want to hear more about what it's like to be a foster family - positive and negative experiences, success stories and heartache, the good and bad?
Come to Barley & Vine to meet experienced Foster Parents and ask them questions like:
- What's the difference between licensing with your county versus a private agency?
- Can I work full-time and foster?
- What if I get "too attached"?
- Is it okay to have a relationship with the birth parents?
- How do you decide what age children are right for your family?
- What support is available to my family if we decide to foster?
- I can't foster right now but I still want to help – how do I do that?
These are all just a small sample of questions we've asked ourselves and we are here to answer them for you.
Limited space available so be sure to register! We're looking forward to connecting - no strings attached!
Optional: Bring a Target, Walmart, or Amazon gift card to be donated to Foster Together MN's outreach programs.
A special thank you to Barley & Vine for hosting this event and providing appetizers during the event. If you would like to stay afterwards for dinner and enjoy their full menu, we recommend making a reservation.
Due to the limited space and topic of discussion, we kindly ask that children stay home with another caregiver.