Thu, Aug 24|
Dakota County Judicial Center (Hastings)
Q&A with a Judge for Youth in Foster Care
Join us at the Dakota County Judicial Center with Dakota County's Judges who work with juvenile and child protection cases and have the opportunity to ask questions regarding the foster care court process. A parent/guardian must attend.
Time & Location
Aug 24, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Dakota County Judicial Center (Hastings), 1560 Hwy 55, Hastings, MN 55033, USA
About the Event
Come meet Judge Cork and Judge Mayer, two of Dakota County’s CHIPS judges with in-depth knowledge to help you better understand the CHIPS and Foster Parent/Child process. Take a tour of the courtrooms, sit on the Judge’s bench, pound the gavel!
Youth in Foster Care will have time with the Judges to...
- Ask questions about the Foster Family process
- Get to know your rights as a Foster Parent or Foster Child/Youth, i.e. Do I get an attorney, Should I speak up at court, etc.
- Find out resources to utilize as a Foster Parent or Foster Child/Youth
- Why should you come to court, why your input is valued for the court process and by the Judges
- What’s a Judge’s role during court
- Who are the other people in the courtroom during a hearing
Important: This event is only for youth who are in Dakota County. A foster parent or guardian must attend with them.